Friday, April 21, 2006

Never buy from usaphotonation.com!!!!

I never have experience like this. I received an email from them this morning and they wanted me to call them. I thought that it should be related to my credit card issue since this is usual for some companies. First of all, the sales guy mentioned that the price in his website is the after-rebate price, I have to pay $100 more up front. That's fine. I noticed that already, and I am going to get that $100 back anyway. And then he asked me that I would like to have an upgrade or not. Well.... okay, that's not a big problem, and I thought may be I could get some special discounts or something on the lens or asscessories. However, he told me that the price I paid was just the camera itself with the lens. There will be no battery, no charger, no cables, no CD, no manual... I got nothing expect the body! If I want to have all those, I have to paid about $300 more. He said that he could provide me another $100 off, a "special discount" from him! What the hell is that!? I asked him why this piece of information is not on his site. Then he asked me to go to his site and search for "350dusa". (I won't get the result if I entered "350d usa".) Click on one of the search results and then I was brought to a page which looks exactly the same as I had seen before except the price! He asked me to click on the content link and asked me to compare those 2 pages. At that point, I finally figure out the problem. If they say camera, then that's just the camera. You won't know that until you call them! If you want to have the battery or something else, you must use their special keyword to search for the usa kit! Otherwise, you are out of luck! I argued with him immediately! Are they suppose to provide all the information right there? Am I suppose to know and search with that keyword? Am I suppose to click on all those "hidden" links with unclear contents and figure out the differences? He said that I was harassing him! What? He then said that my shipping address is a suite address, and should I argue with him with that $100 something!? This is ridiculous! Yes, I can afford that, but so what? Even if I am richer than Bill Gates, I still care how I spend my every single dollar!!! In addition, it's not just money problem, they cheated!!! Obviously at last I cancelled the order. I swear I won't do any business with them, and I strongly recommend anyone who is reading this NOT to buy from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just went to your Blog, knew what happened. Very sorry to hear that. I should have warn you before you placed the order. There are so many SCAM on the web, so it's always a need to do a review before you trust them.

Read the following link for review of USAPhotonation.com from Yahoo
http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchrating/user_rv.html?merchant_id=1026970

The good thing is, you can still cancel your order, and got your money back...

Not all website can be trusted, sometimes you just have to pay a little more (not always) to order from a trustful website. I recommend the two below..

http://www.abesofmaine.com/default.asp

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

FYI.